The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

THORPE MARSH: Common Scoter

11th April 2017

Early April has seen a range of migrants pass through at Whitlingham and Thorpe Marsh, most of them not staying for long. On Tuesday I received a message from Justin to say that he had found a drake Common Scoter on St Andrews Broad at Thorpe, so I headed down at lunch for a quick look. Fortunately it was still there (and remained until Wednesday), and I was able to watch it swimming around in the sunshine. Afterwards I completed a quick lap of the marsh, but didn't see any other migrants. On my way back along the path from the cattle pound I disturbed a Chinese Water Deer that had presumably been along the edge of the dyke, and as it ran off it spooked up a Snipe from the cut area nearby.



No comments:

Post a Comment