The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORTH-WEST NORFOLK: Golden Dip

1st May 2012

With a message just after work saying that the Golden Oriole at Snettisham C.P. was showing well, I thought it was worth having a look (I haven't seen G.O. in Norfolk, and when they do occur they tend not to show well). Unfortunately Snettisham is almost as far from Norwich as you can get and still be in the county, so by the time we got there it had either gone to roost or at least quietened down.  With no birders on it I searched in vain through a lot of scrub, to no avail.  Large numbers of Linnets were present, along with a Whinchat, my first Cuckoo of the year and lots of Whitethroats.  A Lesser Whitethroat called, and Cathy saw it whilst I was off Oriole-hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment