The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Start as you mean to go on...

21st June 2011


Its no exaggeration to say that if I start the day in a grump, then I'll probably be grumpy for the rest of the day. Luckily the reverse is also true. This morning whilst refilling the bird feeders I startled a Fox cub, which ran and hid behind a recycling bin. Whilst watching it a Grey Squirrel jumped over my head, landing clumsily in a Privet bush. On the way back I had to avoid steeping on a large Frog, which was jumping through the garden. In the five minutes before leaving for work, newly fledged Blue and Coal Tits came and fed, as did Dunnocks, a Robin and our local tail-less Magpie. What a great start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment