The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Ok so this ones my own fault...

10th May 2011


I did consider going to Thorpe after work in case the Wood Sandpipers had hung around, but as some of you will know it was the Norwich City promotion parade through the city, and I duly went to that. Once the open-topped bus had gone passed I retreated to the pub for a drink. As my companions headed home it seemed like a good idea to go and have a look around Station Marshes. With no optics and no idea where I was meant to be looking, I was of course doomed to fail. With no other birders onsite I soon realised that I was never going to get tickable views of any waders, so I just enjoyed my wander. A very distant Cuckoo sounded like it was near Broadland Business Park area, and I got good views of a Water Vole in one of the dykes before walking home in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment