The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

WHITLINGHAM: Owl-less

26th April 2011


Cathy & I had a brief look along Whitlingham Lane this evening, searching for Little Owl, a near mythical species for me here. Adam had kindly texted me to say that he had seen one in the dead tree opposite the Canoe Club, but there was no sign whilst we were there. In fact I have never seen one at Whitlingham, which given that they would presumably be resident and are known for perching out in the open is quite odd. So keep your eyes peeled Whit-watchers, and please let me know if you see one! The evening wasn't a complete waste, whilst watching the meadows a Woodcock flew over at a rate of knots, heading towards Trowse.

No comments:

Post a Comment