The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

Taswood Lakes

2nd July 2009

I took the opportunity to spend a night at Taswood fishing lakes with a work trip, and although I didn't see anything spectacular, it was still good to get away and camp along the side of a lake. At least it was until a bl**dy great storm settled over us, which I briefly ventured out into to retrieve our home-made moth trap. We hadn't caught anything anyway. Birds included Kingfisher, Grey Heron, Sparrowhawk and two broods of Tufted Ducks, and insects included a 2nd-brood Comma, Banded Demoiselle, Black-tailed Skimmer and 6 Glow-worms.
.
More hybridy Mallards to add to the collection

Glow-worm sex! Does that make my page Number 1 hit for Glow worm sex? Or even Glowworm sex? I don't think even David Attenborough has photographed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment