The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

Mousehold Heath

Feeling guilty for staying at home doing nothing, me & Cathy went to Mousehold Heath. Nothing out of the ordinary about, GS Woodpecker, Chiffchaff etc. Whilst I was there I got a call and offered a job! Hoorah. Two and a half months is quite enough unemployment for me! Three flyover Fieldfares were probably heading back north. We went to the Playhouse on the way home for a celebratory pint (Oak Grain).
In the evening I headed out again with Adam, walking the local stretch of the Wensum. Little about, three Chiffchaffs holding territories, and three Great Spotted Woodpeckers, including one in the middle of a park. I located them all by call, at this rate I'll be able to find everything like this in 60 years! We called in at the Fat Cat on the way back, which was absolutely packed. I had a pint of Wild Cat, then we wandered home.

No comments:

Post a Comment